Greene County News
YELLOW SPRINGS —Antioch University Midwest is inviting writers ages 15-18 years old to its Young Writers’ Program at its 31st Annual Summer Workshop.
It takes place July 9-15 at its campus and is open to Greene, Montgomery, Miami, Clark, Clinton, Fayette, Madison and Warren County residents.
Chris Tebbetts, a New York Times’ best-selling author for teen and young readers, will lead the program this year. Tebbetts is the author and co-author of many books for young readers, including the #1 New York Times bestselling Middle School series, as well as Public School Superhero with James Patterson and illustrator Laura Park; and the New York Times bestselling Stranded series with Jeff Probst, host of the television show, “Survivor.” To learn more about Tebbets, visit www.christebbetts.com
Partial scholarships, reducing the cost of the week-long program to $300, are given to all Young Writers accepted into the program.
These Young Writers will:
– Attend morning classes with all Antioch Writers’ Workshop participants.
– Attend the Young Writers’ Afternoon Seminar, led by Tebbetts.
Participation is limited to 12 students. To be considered for the opportunity, students must apply by Tuesday, May 31 by submitting the following:
– A cover letter stating age, school attended and reason for wishing to attend Antioch Writers’ Workshop. Be sure to provide email, phone and home address contact information.
– A three page sample of writing of poetry, fiction or non-fiction.
– A one page letter of recommendation from a teacher of English, journalism or drama. (If home-schooled, please provide a letter of recommendation from a camp leader, preferably in the arts, or from another non-related adult, such as a music teacher or librarian.)
These materials may be e-mailed to email@example.com as a pdf or word (.doc) file, with Young Writers in the Subject line or materials may mailed to Antioch Writers Workshop, c/o Antioch University Midwest, 900 Dayton Street, Yellow Springs, Ohio 45387.
For more detailed information, visit the Young Writers page, www.antiochwritersworkshop.com/young-writers—summer-workshop.html
Story courtesy of Antioch Univeristy Midwest.